This 44 tutorial-video Windows and Mac compatible download course shows you how to use Reason's classic Combinator in cool new ways for bigger synths, better beats, and masterful remixes!
Of all the instruments and FX in Reason— and Record—no other device is as simple, powerful, and as mysterious as the Combinator.
In this tutorial, G.W. Childs, one of the original Combinator sound designers for Reason 3 and 4, gives you step by step examples detailing the ‘ins and outs’ of the Combinator. He also shows you how to create powerful new Combinators using hot new instruments like Kong.
You'll get in-depth examples of how to design your own elaborate and powerful instruments by combining instruments and FX together. Additionally, you’ll learn how to create your own FX presets by combining loads of different FX devices. You’ll even get cool examples on how to remix your own tracks using the Combinator!
This course also includes an exclusive Refill collection designed by G.W. exclusively for this course. You can use its presets to follow along, or just use the performance Combinators, drum Combinators, and FX Combinators for your own musical creations.
Think of this tutorial as a Combinator cookbook, giving you examples on how to build beastly audio pies that are not only savory, but killer! This tutorial, originally created in a previous version, is forward compatible with Reason 7 and beyond.
How Does It Work?
After buying this online course, you will receive your personal AskVideo access code and a URL that takes you directly to the AskVideo site. Just click the link and enter the code to start learning!
Included Tutorial Videos
- Installing the Refill
- Creating your own Combinator
- The Rack within the Combinator
- Understanding the Combinator
- A Tour of the Combinator
- The Back of the Combinator
- The Importance of Naming Devicesv
- Planning your Combinator
- Integrating a Matrix in to a Synth
- How to remove Programmer Setting
- Assigning the Matrix to Combinator
- Mixing a Synthesizer Combinator
- Wrapping up a Synth Combinator
- Introduction to Drum Machine Combinator
- Understanding Keyzones
- Working with Multiple Matrixes
- Creating Matrix Patterns for Drums
- Assigning Rotaries and Buttons
- Mixing your Drum Combinator
- Setting up a Mod Wheel Assignment
Introduction to Ambience
Setting up Sound Sources Pt 1
- Setting up Sound Sources Pt 2
- Using Rotaries and Buttons to Mix and Cue
- Setting up FX
- Introduction to Performance Based Combinators
- Setting up a Dr Rex
- Setting up Synths
- Program Synths and Key Splits
- Using other Sources
- Mixing a Performance
- Introduction to CombinatorRemixing
- Remixing a Song
- Remixing a Song
- Creating Multi-FX Unit for DJs Pt 1
- Creating Multi-FX Unit for DJs Pt 2
- Creating Multi-FX Unit for DJs Pt 3
- Creating Multi-FX Unit for DJs Pt 4
- Creating Multi-FX Unit for DJs Pt 5
- Combinator Drum Replacement Pt 1
- Combinator Drum Replacement Pt 2