Expand the potential for new musical ideas with the ChordSet & NoteSet bundle. Thanks to the ChordSet Rack Extension, you can quickly create interesting chords and chord progressions. Once you have the chords down, connect ChordSet to the NoteSet player and start experimenting with melodic ideas in total freedom, knowing that any note you play from a MIDI keyboard, from a MIDI clip in the sequencer or from a device like Matrix, will be in tune with the chords.
Included in the bundle are the ChordSet RE and the NoteSet player devices.
ChordSet allows you to create up to 12 chords which each can be triggered by a single midi note from C2 to B2. You can program chords in a variety of ways:
- use the front knobs to program each note in the chord
- use presets which include the most common chord types
- learn chords from MIDI input from a keyboard or from the sequencer
- use the randomization engine to pick a random chord for a single slot or for all slots
Once you have a set of chords you like, you can save them in a patch for later use. With the global transpose knob, you can transpose the entire chords set to any desired range. The device also offers CV breakout connections in the back for each note in the chord.
NoteSet works in conjunction with ChordSet:
- corrects or filters incoming notes based on the chords received at the CV inputs from ChordSet
- the left side of the display shows the chord notes received at the CV inputs
- the right side of the display shows the incoming note and the outgoing note (corrected or filtered)
- Chord Thru mode: when enabled, the player can be used to write the chords received from the ChordSet RE to midi notes in the sequencer or pass them to a connected device