Euclidean Rhythms is an algorithmic rhythm player for Reason. It means that instead of coming up with and playing your rhythm patterns yourself, a rhythm pattern is generated for you according to Euclid’s ancient algorithm. By tweaking just a few knobs in real-time, or using automation or CV, you can get almost endless variations and inspiration for your tracks!
Euclidean also offers plenty of precise manual control if you want it. For instance you can mute individual steps or draw their velocities. With Slide and Shuffle you can fine-tune the groove.
Get inspired by rhythms, with Euclidean Rhythms Player Rack Extension!
- Rhythmical inspiration in a box
- Combine with other Players for endless possibilities
- Always in perfect sync with your song
- Control the algorithm using three simple controls: Steps, Density and Offset
- Control the groove with Shuffle and Slide controls
- Velocities can be drawn directly in the display
- Incoming velocities can be scaled or ignored
- Hold and Retrig modes
- Reset the playback position at any time
- Steps can be muted or forced
- Everything can be automated and Remote controlled
- Input range controls with MIDI learn
- Sample accurate playback
- Responds to the Run button inside Combinators
- The output can be written to a note clip with a single click
- CV inputs for Reset, Density, Offset, Note Length and Velocity
Changes in 1.1.0:
- You can now Alt-click or double click on the LRN buttons to latch them, then tap again to save the note
Please note: Euclidean Rhythms requires Reason 10.1 or later.