Buy Reason 10 and save $100 / €90 / £70 / CAD131 until March 31st
Phonetic is a creative effect that simulates the sound of vintage telephones and radios.
It includes two different microphone models with optional thermal noise and distortion. The signal chain also includes equimpent hum, cable noise, long-wave radio distortion, and a tweakable speaker model.
You can even send MIDI to Phonetic to generate a range of different busy and dial tones, including DTMF touch tones!
Use Phonetic to make your vocals sound as if they were sent through an old telephone or radio! Or add colorful electronic distortion to drums or other instrument recordings!
- Two microphone models (early 1930s, late 1930s)
- Adjustable microphone noise
- Adjustable nonlinear microphone waveshaping distortion
- Pitchable equipment hum
- Three different, adjustable, types of cable noise
- Amplitude modulation with variable frequency
- Adjustable speaker model
- CV modulation for all relevant parameters
- Dry/Wet control
- Main volume control
Version 1.0.1 adds:
- Labels to front and back panels
- Ability to switch between mono and stereo processing
- Switch for toggling between continuous processing (hum and noise is always heard) and process-on-input only.