MIDI step recording has finally arrived in Reason!
Step was inspired by the sequencers found in some classic mono synths, where you could record simple melodies one note at a time. You'll find all the usual features like rests, ties and octave shift -- But why stop there? So we went ahead and added velocity recording, playback directions, gate widths, repeats, conditions and on-the-fly scaling. The result is fun, fast and addictive!
In Step, recording your sequence is only the beginning. From there the possibilities are endless! You can twist and turn your sequences inside out, transpose them, scale them, and edit them to your heart's content.
For each step you can change the velocity and gate width, add repeats or ratchets, and even set individual probability or recurrence conditions. You also have two independent curve channels that send parameter changes to your instrument via CV.
Step has its own rock solid sync engine, but you can also clock it from any other device (including Euclid!) if you want. You can force the sequence to restart or steps to be muted using CV signals or automatable buttons.
Step can recognize chords received via a MIDI keyboard or its own sequencer track, and based on that it will select one of 14 supported scales, in any key you want. You can even transpose and scale your sequence independently!
- Step recording of up to 32 steps
- Starter combinator patches get you up and running without connecting a single cable
- Rests and ties
- Piano roll view, expandable to 2 octaves
- Record pitch, velocity, ties, rests, repeats and curve data simultaneously
- Recordings are fully editable in the display
- Individual and global velocity and gate width settings
- Per-step Repeats (4 different modes) and Conditions (5 different types)
- 2 independent Curve channels, each with its own Unipolar/Bipolar setting
- 7 different playback directions
- Fully ReGroove compatible Slide and Shuffle, plus additional shuffle modes
- Advanced pitch scaling engine with chord recognition
- 14 supported scales
- Full CV control over clock, reset, mutes, ties and playhead position
- External Signal Processor tunes any CV signal
New in Step 2.0
- Bigger display
- Piano roll view
- Conditions lane
- Curve lanes 1 & 2
- Recording Repeats, Rests and Curve 1 on the fly using your MIDI controller
- Support for modifier keys: Shift (precision), Alt (octave transposition) and Ctrl/Cmd (default value) everywhere
- Velocity CV output
- Requires Reason 9.2 or later
Changes in 2.0.1
- Tweaks and bug fixes