Twangström is a highly flexible spring-reverb box-of-tricks, and one of a kind. It's central element, the reverberation tank, is fully based on 'physical modelling'. As opposed to plug-ins using impulse responses (IRs) with their limited expression and manipulation options, the modelling technology in Twangström mimics the actual physics of mechanical reverberation. Thus it is not reproducing sonic results, it is actually simulating their origin, with all the facets, oddities and subtleties. Twangström recreates typical 60s Twang & Surf with ease, and with 100% authenticity.
All sound parameters are controllable in realtime, on a per-sample-basis. This means control over the sought-after aesthetics of spring reverberation, and total freedom when going further from there.
- 3 different reverberation tanks, inspired by the most popular ones built in the guitar & instrument amps that made rock 'n roll
- A tasty drive & tone stage for heating-up and colouring the sound
- A multi-mode filter, with variable type blend (LP, BP/Notch, HP, anything in between), stereo offset, pre- or post-tank routing
- Four-flavours envelope stage, picking up the signal from either input, output or external sidechain
- LFO module, 8 different types & waveforms, variable time base & syncable
- Comprehensive modulation matrix, for realtime control of all the parameters
- And most important: shakeable springs!
Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
Windows 7 or newer
1GB RAM, more recommended
50MB free disk space
1000 × 600 or larger display
Modern CPU (Sandy Bridge or newer recommended)
Twangström is not a standalone product, it requires host software. Twangström is compatible with nearly all DAWs.
Available as Audio Units (AU), VST2, VST3, AAX(Pro Tools 10.3.7 or later) NKS, plug-ins with 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Twangström supports Native Instruments’ NKS format and is compatible with Maschine and Komplete Kontrol hardware.