Experience the sound color and character of a legendary 12-bit sampler in a real-time effect unit, with the ease and flexibility of a Rack Extension.
The Akai S950, one of the most famous samplers from the 80s, is largely praised for its legendary sound. Many consider the 12-bit grit and crunch still unmatched today. But the 12-bit resolution is not all. For over a year, we studied every bit of this studio gear masterpiece to bring back its unique character to your Reason rack. The result is the RX950: a Rack Extension effect designed to perfectly mimic the whole AD/DA conversion process of the S950 in order to give your music this vintage, warm and crunchy sound.
Dead simple controls for a killer sound
The red input gain knob makes your sound loud ’n proud with the S950’s unique grit and warm distortion. It’s powerful and will help anything stand out in your mix.
The audio bandwidth knob controls the target sample rate and analog-to-digital conversion circuitry with an exquisite, yet remarkably subtle, aliasing effect.
The filter knob controls the S950’s infamous steep low-pass filter. Use it on separate elements, or on any output bus or master section.
The output level knob sets the final volume, and the mono button makes your sound even more S950 authentic (it's also a great mixing tool).
- Legendary 12-bit resolution
- Perfect modelling of the whole audio signal path from the original Akai S950 (Line Input > Analog gain > Pre-filtering > A/D conversion > D/A conversion > Post-filtering > Line Output)
- Adjustable audio bandwidth (and thus sampling frequency)
- Original steep 6th order low-pass Butterworth filter
- Stereo or mono operation
- Per-control CV input on the back panel
- Low CPU consumption
The Akai brand name is trademark of its respective owner. This product is in no way affiliated with this company.
- New Brilliance knob on the back panel enhances or tames a light boost in the upper spectrum that can be heard when the Audio Bandwidth knob is set near its max values. This allows to progressively go from the sound of version 1.0.4 (leftmost value) to the sound of version 1.1.0 (rightmost value).
- Added English and French downloadable product manuals
- Improved audio model (better high-end frequency response)
- Output Level fix